Software Engineer, M&S
What’s special about us?
Diebold Nixdorf is a world-leading ATM producer, and our Pilsen office (established in 2015) specializes exclusively in software development. Thanks to our talented colleagues just in a few years’ time the small office became the most important fintech company in Pilsen region. Our vision is to continue growing and acquire other interesting strategic projects.
About the role
How our team works?
Join our team where every day is different. No steps to reproduce? For us, it’s not a problem – sometimes, we need to play detective to discover what’s hiding under an issue. We try to link each person’s area of interest to the existing problems and solutions, not limiting it only to coding: as we work in flat structure, we deal sometimes with tasks for Infrastructure Engineers or others. We are an open-minded, friendly, straight-forward, and very passionate team! Join the team, where we assure that all we create runs smoothly.
We provide support of our products and maintenance (development) of the customer projects. Our projects are delivered to the largest banks across the whole world – if you are early bird or like to stay longer in the bed, you will find a team and time schedule that fits to your needs. We work as a team, so you will always find bunch of friends and colleagues who will help you to solve complex tasks, where SW, infrastructure, DB and other factors are involved. Although the tasks are mainly coming through tickets, you will have the opportunity to speak with the customers and/or develop new functionality. And the most important – you will see the results in the real life!
Your focus will be on:
- Analyze and solve software incidents and problems appeared on transaction processing backends
- Simulate problems in virtual environment / our test environment
- Advise configuration changes, explain the correct application usage
- Develop code fixes and new features
- Develop tools to facilitate support activities
- Communicate with our customers
What we need from you:
- Knowledge of backend development (Java, SQL - Oracle DB/Postgres DB)
- Experience in IT related position
- Troubleshooting experience and/or log analysis
- Logical reasoning and analytical thinking
- Willing to learn new technologies
- English language (written and spoken)
Nice to have:
- Ability to drive incident or problem resolution
- Experience in backend development (J2EE, Python, PHP)
- Experience with databases and application servers (like WildFly/JBoss/Websphere)
Why Diebold Nixdorf?
- You will be offered a competitive salary with an annual bonus – We like to reward those who work to the fullest
- Career possibilities – Work to become a Team Leader or specialize and get deeper knowledge in your field
- Possibility to travel – You have the possibility to visit clients all over the world (or not travel at all if you don't want to)
- Flexible working hours – We trust each other, and we do things our way
- Working from home – While we love working from the office, there are days when staying at home is better
- Working from home allowance in amount of 705 CZK gross monthly - it is clear to us that neither electricity nor internet is for free
- Cafeteria bonus scheme in amount of 15.000 CZK per year– choose the benefit you like
- Multisport card – We support our sport lovers
- Pension insurance contribution – We like to plan for the future
- Two paid days for charity activities - We are happy to help where needed
- 4 sick days- for time when you don´t feel the best
And other small things that make our lives more pleasant:
- MAKRO card – To save on shopping
- Relaxation zones – When your head is tired
- Meal vouchers in amount of 150 CZK per a day – We are located in the centre, a great selection of food is guaranteed
- Public transport contribution – We contribute to your year-long fare
- 5 weeks of vacation – We love our work, but we do not live to work
- Mobile phone and notebook – We offer an unlimited tariff and 5GB of data
What’s my next step?
Diebold Nixdorf is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are interested in a successful career in a global, reputable company, apply HERE!
** To all recruitment agencies: Diebold Nixdorf does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diebold Nixdorf employees or any other organization location. Diebold Nixdorf is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes**